While using the PNNL Recruiting application, do not use the Back and Forward buttons built in to the browser. Instead, use the Previous and Next buttons or any links provided at the bottom of the recruiting pages.
If errors or erroneous behavior are encountered when using the online PNNL Jobs web application, follow these steps:
- Using Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools menu, Internet Options.
- Under the "Temporary Internet files" section, click on the following buttons:
- Delete Cookies
- Delete Files - check the box to select "Delete offline content."
- Using Firefox:
- Click the Tools menu, Options.
- Under the "Privacy" section, expand the Cookies section.
- Click the Clear button.
- Expand the Cache section and click the Clear button.
If attaching a resume file, the following file types are recommended to ensure readability by PNNL staff. If your resume file is not in one of the listed formats the file will not be uploaded, and we recommend typing or pasting in the text from the resume file.
- .doc (Microsoft Word)
- .pdf (Adobe Acrobat)
- .txt (Text)
- .wpd (WordPerfect)
- .rtf (Rich Text)
If you experience problems attaching your resume file, try pasting your resume instead.
If you are trying to apply for multiple jobs and are experiencing problems, apply for just one job at a time; that is, add only one job at a time to your job basket and apply for each job individually.
Please ensure that your machine is not infected with spyware, adware, or other malicious ware. (These are unwanted programs that allow people to snoop on your browsing activity, invade your privacy, and flood your computer with popup ads. These programs obtain information from your computer without your knowledge or consent.) If you believe your machine may be infected, you may download free (safe) software to remove these malicious programs. "Spybot Search and Destroy" will search for and remove spyware. "Ad-Aware SE Personal" will search for and remove adware.
If, after following the steps outlined above, you continue to experience problems, please answer the questions below, copy and paste the text into an email, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the email address you registered with in the website?
- What browser and version are you using?
- Are you using a Mac or PC? If Mac, which OS?
- What is the job reference number for which you are attempting to apply?
- Have you previously applied successfully for other jobs at PNNL?
- What type of connection do you use (dial-up, DSL, etc.)?
- What is your computer's IP address? To find this on a PC with Windows, click Start > Programs > Accessories, and then select Command Prompt. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig" (without quotes). You will see a line that says "IP Address...".
- What dates and times did you attempt to apply?
- Have you received an error message? If so, what did it say? At what point in the process did you get the message (e.g., after clicking "submit")? Or did the system simply kick you out?